Saturday, September 14, 2013

Yoga Photo Shoot for Esquea Yoga, Therapy & Fitness. Inc.


               Last year I was hired by Esquea Yoga, Therapy & Fitness. Inc. to crate images for their marketing use. I started doing some research and I notice all the image out there look like stock photos and did not stand out.  I decided I wanted to make the images for Esquea Yoga edgy and dramatic so they would stand out in the crowd. 
                
               I wasn't going to go into the shoot with the client and start experimenting this edgy, dramatic idea, that I had no idea what it would look like.  So I set up a test shoot with a friend to see how the image would come out.  We did the test shoot and I felt the images did not work for a commercial form, so I changed my idea to crating strong bright life style shots and making the portraits of Cinthya (Easquea Yoga's owner),  the edgy and dramatic images. 

               For the photographer out there I used a 6 feet shoot through umbrella on the right as key and I bounced a strobe with a small reflector off of the ceiling as fill at about 1/3 of a stop less than the key.  For the  portraits I used the 6 foot through umbrella on the right as key, just out of frame and a strobe with a large reflector with a gridded on the background. 






                Over all the images came out great; they're eye catching, and stand out from the rest of the yoga images out there.  Below are a few image from the test shoot, that I played around with and I think just look cool.



No comments:

Post a Comment