Thursday, February 17, 2011

Location shoot for Izulec Beauty Salon

        
               In December I did a photo shoot for Izulec Beauty Salon, that consisted of a group shot of all the staff.  They wanted one image to put on Christmas cards to give out to clients.  There's a big field in Lincoln going to the Community College of Rhode Island that I have been wanting to use as a location for a long time about didn't know what a good subject would be for it.  So when I got this job I thought that location would be great for this shoot, big area for a large group and the tones of the trees and grass would like great with the blue outfits they wanted to wear.
               I knew that I didn't just want them to be standing there so I got a table and chair set to pose them around to add some layers.  So about an hour before the subjects showed up I arrived to the field where I places the chairs and table where I wanted, placed a huge white sheet(20'x10') on a back drop stand that I was going to use to shoot strobes threw, and added a accent /hair light.  After metering all my lights I realized that I wasn't getting enough light from the to strobes firing threw the sheet, the accent /hair light wasn't going to do much, and I wasn't going to be able to over power the sun to nock out the back ground as much as I wanted too.  So I moved to the acsent /hair light behind the sheet to fire with the other two and got the look I wanted.  The lights I used were 3 White Lighting strobes; 2 X1600 and one X800.

No comments:

Post a Comment