Wednesday, September 22, 2010

First days in Costa Rica

8/1/10 to 8/3/10
Once we got into Costa Rica we went to Quepos were the natural reserve Manuel Antonio is located. A part of the group went into the reserve to see the animals, river, and waterfalls, but I stayed out side enjoying the beach. As it started to get dark it began to rain, our plan was to ether to camp on the beach outside of the reservation or another beach close by. But we lucked out because one of the bus drivers got us a school were we cold sleep in. The next day we went a volcano were some of the group went hiking and the others went to the a town near by. Once it got dark we all met up to head to San Jose were we did not know were we was going to sleep until we got word that a church from a very poor neighborhood would let us stay there.

The next day a small group of people and I went to check out the city. To be honest with you San Jose was not that nice, there was only a small section of a ten by ten block area that was very nice looking. That's were we spent most of the day. In one of the little parks there was people feeding pigeons. As we sat there and looked at the people and pigeons I notice that women was garbing the pigeons so her child could pet them.

I have grown up always wanting to going to Costa Rica because I leaner that was were tons of sea turtle migrate to lay their eggs. Later on in life I found out that people ate the eggs, so when I found this stand selling turtle eggs next to candies I had to get a shot. I guess you buy the eggs and then they cook them for you on the spot at your liking.


No comments:

Post a Comment