Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Back in Sydney and back to my big boy camera


      After "Instagramming" my way up and down the East cost of Australia, I arrived back to Sydney where I was to stay for a few days before heading off on a rock climbing trip to the Blue Mountains.  Since I was staying with my new friend Fabian I was able to use connect to wifi and chat with friends and family back home.  One of these friends was Hillary, my close friend from photo school, and it went a little like this:

Hillary - "Hi Diego! Hows your trip going? I've seen all those awesome shots you have been putting up on Instagram.  I bet you have been getting amazing stuff with your 5d"

Me - "Um........I haven't really been using the 5d much.........I'm really into this Instagram stuff; it's so liberating, I feel like I can really be in the moment, enjoy the experience, and yadi yadi yadi."

Hillary - "Listen Diego, don't take this the wrong way, but you need to stop being a hippy/hipster, and take out your big boy camera.  You're in one of the most beautiful place on the word and you using a phone, CUT THE CRAP!"

    That was it; she put me in my place.  After that conversation the next few days I waited for Fabian to get out of work so he could go show me around and I could use my "big boy camera".


Christmas time in Darling Harbor.

Fabian with the unlucky/lucky job of being the model. 

Ok this shot reminded me so much of a shot I took while in Sevilla, Spain.  A photographer friend and mentor, Aaron Usher, told me that you will capture images through out your life that will link up; and this is one of them.  Here's the link to the other image; it's half way down the posting.

Deja vu, summer in December.  

The rocks are so beautiful, I couldn't wait to go climbing.





    I have to end this posting by saying thank you to Hillary for getting me to go out and shoot with both my iPhone and DSLR.



Diego Correal Imagery
(401)-855-3800


No comments:

Post a Comment