Saturday, June 1, 2013

Collaboration with Jaclynn Kate for a fashion shoot


         Back in March I had the chance to collaborate with Jackie Barry, an amazing make up and hair stylist, which is the owner of "Jaclynn Kate Hair & Makeup Artistry".  She had and idea of doing a very creative shoot with wild hear and make up and at a grungy fort with a ton of graffiti.  I really like what she had in mind so I told her "Get the models and lets shoot this thing!".

        While outside, I really wanted the models to not get lost in the location and stand out from the overwhelming amount of graffiti.  So I used my 24mm-105mm Canon L lens at 105mm to make the background soft and get the separation I wanted.  I also crated separation with color by placing a full CTO gel and a half CTO gel on the beauty dish I was using and setting the color balance to tungsten.  This made the color of the light on the models warm and the light on everything behind them blue, which made them stand out even more.

        Since it was March, it was really, really, I mean REALLY cold out so we head inside.  Inside I wanted to use a light with just a reflector to blast light through doors to crate direction of light and a bar-bulb light pointing at the ceiling as fill.  Then I placed the models in front of the shadow area of the wall behind them so the light and dark contrast would make them stand out in the scene.
 
       I'm happy with what we ended up with and I hope you enjoy the images too.  You can also read my buddy and assistant for the day, Rob's account of the shoot at his blog.







2 comments:

  1. It was Really Really REALLY cold thats for sure. The shots came out amazing !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man and also thank you for the amazing help, coudln't have done it with out you!!!!

      Delete