Tuesday, April 12, 2011

"Angel" from Queens visits Rhode Island


     A few weeks ago I got a call from James Diossa, a high school friend that is now a Central Falls councilman.  He called me telling to get my gear ready and that he was going to pick me up because he needed me to photograph a radio interview at Latino Public Radio with Jorge Munoz. 
     Jorge Munoz is a school bus driver form Queens, NY and after work he makes food and then parks on Roosevelt Ave. in Queens to give out food to people that are hungry.  He's been has benign doing this since 2005 and recently Obama honored Jorge with the Presidential Citizens Medal.  It was great honer to have been able to have met Jorge, you should check out the video below and the his web site to learn more about him and the great help he does. 

  





No comments:

Post a Comment