Thursday, October 14, 2010

Living around Volcanos

The next day that we were in Nicaragua we went to Leon Viejo(Old Leon). Leon Viejo was founded in 1524 and was the country's first capital until 1610 when the people that live there moved to the new Leon. At Leon Viejo there are only ruins now, all you can see is the bases of the house that once stood there. But you can see clearly see the lay out of were the streets, houses, stores, churches, monasteries, and schools used to stand. We waked to the top of hill were the fort that was the defense of Leon Viejo. It was clear why they would build a fort there, from the top of this hill you are able to see all round you clearly. The view is so great you could see the lake of Managua as well as five volcanos that surround this area.

After learning about old Leon we went to the new Leon. There we ate honered by the mayor of the city and then had free time to relax, go site seeing, buy food or what we need, use the internet, or make international phone calls our live ones. Some thing that really caught my eye was that in between the buildings you could see the volcanos poking out, I had never seen a volcano even more them so close to a city.



Durning the free time I went to used the internet to get in touch with my family and did some site seeing. As I walked out of a church I seen this little boy riding a statue of this leon, reminded me of a Greek or Roman myth and I just had to get a shot of him.


No comments:

Post a Comment